An unit of totally 80 cadets has been started from Aug-15-2011 this academic year 1st year cadets 30 and 2nd year cadets 50. This unit is attached to TN (10) BN NCC VLR.
The National Cadet Corps (NCC) has its genesis in the 'University Corps, which was created under the Defense Act, 1917 with the object to make up the shortage of the Army. In 1920, when the Indian Territorial Act was passed, The `University Corps was replaced by the 'University Training Corps (UTC) In 1942, the UTC was renamed as the 'University Officers Training Corps' (UOTC). The need to create a youth organisation at National level to train the young boys and girls to be better citizens and future leaders of our great country in all walks of life, including Defence forces, was rightly realized by our leaders. A Committee under Pandit H.N. Kunzru was set up in 1946 at the behest of our first Prime Minister, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. The NCC came into existence on 16th July, 1948 under the NCC Act XXXVI of 1948 under the Ministry of Defence (MOD).
The Motto of the NCC is 'Unity and Discipline' which was adopted on 23 Dec 1957.
Selection OF Ncc Flag
In 1954 the existing tricolour flag was introduced. The three colours in the flag depict the three Services of the Corps, red for the Army, deep blue for the Navy and light blue for the Air Force. The letters NCC and the NCC crest in gold in the middle of the flag encircled by a wreath of lotus, give the flag a colourful look and a distinct identity. Each lotus represents one NCC Directorate (Dte).
The aims of NCC as approved by MOD in Mar 2001 are as under:
- To develop character, comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure, sportsmanship and ideals of selfless service among the youth of the country
- To create a human resource of organized, trained and motivated youth, to provide leadership in all walks of life and always be available for the service of the nation.
- To provide a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces
I do hereby solemnly promise that I will serve my motherland most truly and loyally and that, I will abide by the rules and regulations of the National Cadet Corps. Further under the command and control of my commanding officer I will participate in every camp most sincerely and wholeheartedly. We the cadet of the National Cadet Corps, do solemnly pledge that we shall always uphold the unity of India. We resolve to be disciplined and responsible citizen of our nation. We shall undertake positive community service in the spirit of selflessness and concern for our fellow beings.
- Republic Day Camp (RDC)
- Thal Sainik Camp (TSC)
- Army Attachment Camp(AAC)
- Annual Training Camps (ATC)
- Vayu Sainik Camp (VSC)
- Nau Sainik Camp (NSC)
- Advance Leadership Camps (ALC)
- National Integration Camps (NIC)
- Rock Climbing Camps (RCC)
- All India Trekking Camps
- Ship attachment camp
- Special National Integration camps (SNIC)
- Combined Annual Training Camp (CATC)
- Basic leadership camp (BLC)
Activities Done During Camps
- Country Race
- Physical Training
- Weapon Training
- General Awareness Lectures
- Camp Fire
- Cultural Activities
- Map Reading
Senior Division and Senior Wing :
- C-Certificate is the highest recognition of training and qualification of a Senior NCC cadet
- B-Certificate is the initial recognition of training and qualification of a Senior NCC cadet.
|S. No.||NAME OF THE STAFF||DESIGNATION|
|1||C/T.A.Dinesh karthik||NCC Officer
[15-08-2012 to till date]
The NCC unit of KMG College of Arts & Science, Gudiyattam- 635803 is attached to 1(a) company in 10 (TN) BN N.C.C, Vellore -6. Coming under "MADRAS B GROUP" in the Tamil nadu N.C.C Directorate, Chennai- 9. 80 Cadets are on roll in this unit with Prof. A. Dineshkarthik as the NCC officer incharge.
Training and Other Activities:
Regular activities like Drill, Weapon drill, Map reading, weapon training and field craft etc, are being imparted to the cadets as per the syllabus framed by NCC Directorate, Chennai.
Road Safety, Blood donation, Army Awareness are the other programs conducted by NCC 10 (TN) BN, Vellore, in which our cadets will take an activities role.