"Learning mathematics is a lot like learning to ride a bike.
You can't do it by watching someone else.
You must hop on your bike, get ready, set, go".
Department of mathematics was started in the academic year 2007-2008, and at present it offers UG, PG and research courses.
The year of establishment of various courses of our department as follows.
|S.NO.||COURSES||ESTABLISHMENT ACADEMIC YEAR|
|3.||Master of philosophy||2013-2014|
The Department of Mathematics will offer courses and programs of study that will ensure that the student learner will be able to contribute to today's society. The students will obtain abilities to critically assess numerical and graphical information; learn to formulate strategies for solving problems; and acknowledge the importance of being intellectually curious throughout their adult lives. The Department, through its faculty, will continue to contribute to the body of knowledge of the discipline, whether in traditional research, applied research, or research in the teaching of mathematics.
Mathematics develops computational skills, critical thinking, and problem solving skills. The theory, discipline, and techniques taught in mathematics courses are especially important in today's society. The faculty of the Department of Mathematics recognizes this and strives to ensure that the student learner obtains this knowledge. At the same time, the faculty contributes to the discipline by fundamental research in pure and applied mathematics, statistics, and mathematics education.
- Puts a high priority on student learning in a personal environment.
- Encourages students to participate in the learning experience through participation in the classroom, involvement in faculty-directed student research, student oriented seminars, and other related activities.
- Encourages both faculty and staff members of the department to undertake professional development opportunities that make educational excellence possible.
- Values the contributions of the faculty to their discipline through publications, presentations, and other methods of intellectual dissemination and strongly encourages their continued efforts in these endeavors.
The Department will:
- Offer courses that:
- Build and enhance computational skills necessary in today's society.
- Develop the students' ability to critically interpret numerical and grapical data.
- Develop and enhance the students' problem solving skills.
- Encourage and reinforce the critical thinking skills of the students.
- Develop the students' ability to intelligently communicate mathematical results in both a written and oral format.
- Work closely with other Departments and Colleges within the University to ensure that their student majors have the necessary mathematical background to succeed in their discipline both academically and professionally.
- Ensure that the student candidates of the Early Childhood and Middle Grades Education degree programs have the necessary content courses to become certified in the State of Georgia and will pass the certification exams in mathematics.
- Offer courses to In-Service Teachers that will enhance their mathematical content knowledge.
- Offer a minor in Mathematics that allows the non-major to take more specialized classes in mathematics.
- Offer undergraduate degree programs that meet the needs of the student majors, the discipline, industry, education, and society.
- Re-institute the Masters in Mathematics, offering concentrations in Applied Mathematics and Teaching of Mathematics.
- Provide the faculty with the necessary time and resources to enhance their professional endeavors in teaching, in research, and in service.
- Provide an environment which will help all faculty and staff to achieve their professional goals.
Prof. N. RAJI, M.Sc., M.Phil.,
Prof. D. MOGAN, M.Sc., M.Phil.,
Prof. B. VINOTH, M.Sc., M.Phil., B.Ed.,
Prof. D. VENDA, M.Sc., M.Phil., B.Ed.,
Prof. D. TAMIL SELVEN, M.Sc., M.Phil., B.Ed.,
Prof. A. THENDRALARASI, M.Sc., B.Ed.,
Prof. E. ELAKKIYA, M.Sc., M.Phil., B.Ed.,
Prof. S. KEERTHIGA, M.Sc.,M.Phil.,
Prof. M.S. ILANGO M.Sc., B.Ed., M.Phil.,
Prof. G. VINOTH, M.Sc., M.Phil., B.Ed.,
Prof. L. ARULMOZHI, M.Sc.,
|Designation||Qualification||Total years of Service|
|1||N.RAJI||Head & Assistant Professor||M.Sc., M.Phil.,||13-Years|
|2||D.MOGAN||Assistant Professor||M.Sc., M.Phil.,||12-Years|
|6||R.THENDRAL ARASI||Assistant Professor||M.Sc.,M.Phil.,B.Ed.,||3-Years|
|8||S.KEERTHIGA||Assistant Professor||M.Sc., M.Phil.,||1-Year|
|9||M.S.ILANGO||Assistant Professor||M.Sc.,M.Phil.,B.Ed.,||11 Months|