LibraryThe library is well equipped with reading rooms, books, E-Resources, Periodicals and newspapers. The Library is totally Air-Conditioned with seating capacity of 75 students, the library houses 11,600 books, Back Volumes, Theses, Magazines and Journals. There are five computers installed in the reading room ability, using which the students can access.
Library is the Heart of an educational Institution. Library is an Institution that exists to serve information to the people. College library stimulates the students to obtain, evaluate and recognize knowledge and to familiarize oneself with the trends of knowledge for further education and learning new disciplines. The college provides ample scope and opportunity to the students to read and learn a lot from a wide variety of Newspapers, Journals and Magazines available in the Reading room.
“Reading is to the mind, what Exercise is to the body?”
“One best book is Equal to hundred Good friends”
- Library Department is situated in the first floor
- The Total area of the Library is 4700 sq.ft
- Our Library is a well equipped
- Many of the important journals are bound and preserved
- Issue, Return and Renewal of books are all computerized
- The facility of Open Access System is adopted in the library
LAY OUT OF LIBRARY
- READING ROOM
- DISPLAY OF NEW ARRIVALS
- LOGIN/ LOGOUT FOR STUDENTS
- DRINKING WATER
- XEROX MACHINE
- RETURN COUNTER
- PERIODICALS SECTION
- PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPERS
- BACK VOLUMES OF JOURNALS/MAGAZINES
- INTERNET CENTRE FOR STUDENTS & FACULTY
- COMPUTERISED CIRCULATION COUNTER
- TEXT BOOKS
- REFERENCE BOOKS
- REFERENCE SECTION
Library Advisory committee is formed at the beginning of every academic year by the Director and principal in consultation with the staff members. All the decisions pertaining to the library are taken by the library committee. The committee meets twice in an academic year, with the following agenda:
- Plan to purchase of books to the library
- To analyze the student’s requirements
- To take remedies for the feedback of the users
- Plan to conduct User Awareness Program
MEMBERS OF LIBRARY COMMITTEE
- Dr.D.Gajapathy, M.Sc. Ph.D., D.H.Ed., Director - Chairman
- Dr.M.Jayasri Rani, M.Sc. Ph.D., Principal - Secretary
- Prof.M.Megharajan Vice Principal, Head Economics, Dept - Member
- Prof. R.Maheswari Head Biochemistry, Dept - Member
- Prof. P.Daniel Sundarraj Head Comp. Sc, Dept - Member
- Mr. K.Paranthaman Librarian - Ex Officio Member
- Be a catalyst to knowledge and thought through dissemination, documentation and communication of knowledge with a blend of rigor and practical relevance.
- To protect the users right to information
- To work in partnership with individuals and institutions for promoting research interest and enhancing research portfolios for the development of readers
- To enable students, faculty and researchers work in context with designing and documentary research activities by allowing diversity of views
- To create the best citizen for Nation Building
OBJECTIVES OF THE LIBRARY
- To promote the reading habits
- Extensive use of reading material
- To acquire organize and update the library collection to support Teaching Learning Process(TLP)
- To encourage students to read beyond the requirements of the curriculum
- To provide instruction and assistance in the effective use of learning resources/services
- Library is a growing organism
COLLECTIONS IN THE LIBRARY
|2.||No of Titles||5,075|
|3.||No of Journals||35|
|4.||No of Magazines||30|
|6.||Back Volumes of Journals||913|
|11.||Previous Five years question papers||-|
LIBRARY ORIENTATION PROGRAM
Students are more likely to remember how to use the library resources if they are allowed to “Practice” searching the database and book collections. A “hands on” activity should include:
- A visit with your class to the library
- A librarian demonstrating how to access data bases and search for books
- Opportunity for the students to search for a professional journal, article and a book pertaining to the career they will be pursuing during their library visit
- Instruction during class about citations and the bibliography page.
INFLIBNET (Information and Library Networks)
- Subscribed to INFLIBNET (Information and Library Network) Through N-LIST (National Library and information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly Content) Program.
- College faculties & Students can access E-Books (1, 25,000) & E-Journals (More than 6000) through the following Website.
- Student Accessing Internet and OPAC facilities in Network resource centre.
Placement Cell & Campus InterviewCampus Interviews are being arranged through our placement cell in order to help our students to get placement even during the last semester.
TransportTransport facilities are available from all required places to enable the students to reach the college in time.
Spacious play grounds including modern basket ball court, tennis court, volley ball court, cricket and open gymnastics are available for students to enrich their sports talent.
Computer Lab & Internet
The college maintains Air conditioned computer with seating capacity of 60 students and houses more than 50 machines, all are intercomieted through Thin Client networking technology. Also the lab has been provided with a high speed broad band internet connection.
Canteen facilities are available for boys and girls separately.
The college maintains an air conditioned seminar hall with seating capacity of more than 250 students, which has excellent facilities like LCD projector, Audio and video systems.
The college has an excellent Auditorium with seating capacity of more than 1000 students. It includes the facilities like Audio and Video systems. The National, State Level Seminars and other important functions are being organized very frequently here.
Boys and Girls Hostel
Hostel facilities are available for both boys and girls. The boys hostel is located half the KM from the college and the girls hostel is located in the campus itself. Staff members act as hostel wardens and take care of the students.